To apply for a position, please email your resume and schedule availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Sales Associate" in the title.
Retail Sales Associate Position
We are looking for just the right person to join our team. We value relationships, positivity, hustle and commitment. Our team is small, so everyone pitches in and participates in all store functions. The right person should expect the following to be a part of the job.
Availability and Schedule
- Weekend availability a must
- Long-term expectations, not just a seasonal position
- Current shifts available: Open to Close shift, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Part-time afternoon shifts Monday through Saturday 2:00-6:00 pm.
Essential Job Functions
- Customer Service (Answering the phone, Following up with customers on questions or orders, Greeting and helping every customer, Supporting families wherever they are in their journey)
- Selling (Sharing product knowledge, Providing guidance in the selection of gifts, Up-Selling and Cross-Selling, Keeping up with the product and brand knowledge is important.)
- Replenishing stock on the retail floor
- Receiving and tagging new merchandise
- Visual Merchandising
- Opening/Closing the store to standards
- Physical maintenance of the store (Tidying, sweeping and dusting. Breaking down shipping boxes and emptying garbage/recycling. Cleaning windows, floors and bathroom. Other housekeeping necessities as needed.)
Skills and Physical Ability
- Friendly, Out-Going. Must be able to work well in a team, as well as alone.
- Self-motivated, excited to learn, able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Familiarity with the products sold in our store, and willing to do product research as needed.
- Computer Proficiency (Running transactions through our iPad Point-of-Sale system - Shopify. Communicating with customers or co-workers via social media or email. Fulfilling online orders.)
- Physical Abilities Required.
- Lift 10 lbs. consistently and 50 lbs. occasionally
- Use a 3-step ladder
- Stand or walk for the majority of a shift on a concrete floor
- Ability to work within a COVID-19 environment, and adhere to protocols and procedures set in place, including wearing a mask, using hand sanitizer and cleaning surfaces in the store.
Employees receive an employee discount on items purchased for themselves or as gifts. Additional hours and responsibilities may become available. Professional development opportunity areas include merchandising, social media, non-profit charities and donations, ecommerce, management and more.
All qualified candidates will be considered regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or age.
Thank you for completing our application and for your interest in our business.